Wednesday 20 October 2010

Craftworld name and symbol

I've been having a think recently about what name and runic symbol my craftworld should have.
Since I already have the colour scheme sorted it has to be something that reflects this, something eldary and something I could paint onto models that is unique.

I made this symbol in microsoft powerpoint by combining some simple geometric shapes with the flame and heart motifs seen in other more well known craftworlds. I then consulted the Eldar Dictionary http://thefallenprinces.blogspot.com/2010/08/eldar-dictionary.html to see about a name, combining Kian - the Eldar word for flame and  Lir - the Eldar word for heart.

Kianlir... simples!

1 comment:

  1. I love your painting and converting, but have noticed that your paint scheme sure looks a lot like some of the fan-painted Yme-Loc or Lugganath schemes I have seen.

    Anyway, keep up the great work, Doc!

    ReplyDelete